Sunday 20 May 2018

Kadiri: visiting a temple and going shopping in Andhra Pradesh.

English:


Kadiri: visiting and temple and going shopping in Andhra Pradesh.


Hello everybody and welcome back to my blog!

Oh, it's been such a long time since I last posted something here! But the good news is that I've got a new laptop now and I'll be able to write as often as I want to. In fact, I have so many posts to publish that I don't think I'll manage to post them all before the summer break starts!

Another reason why I haven't posted anything in a while is because some weeks ago it was my birthday and I turned 30! So, as you can guess, I've been celebrating it over and over again with different people.

Today I would like to write a little about Kadiri, a city that I visited together with some other volunteers after we went to Thimmammamarrimanu, the largest tree specimen in the world. Kadiri is well known for its temple, dedicated to Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy. The temple is very large, has different buildings and receives the visit of many devotees every day. 

What I enjoyed the most about Kadiri were its lively streets. I remember they were full of shops and always full of people. Since it was one of my first weeks there, my co-workers and I bought some slip-on shoes and Indian clothes which would be very useful for our long stay in India. Of course, everything we bought was very cheap.

So, if you happen to be in Andhra Pradesh and you visit Thimmammamarrimanu, don't forget to ask the driver to take you to Kadiri for a while to visit its temple, eat some palak paneer and get some shoes and clothes that you'll definitely use during your stay in India!

I'll see you veeeeery soon in my next post, this time about Morocco!!


Spanish / Castellano:


Kadiri: visitando un templo y yendo de compras en Andhra Pradesh.

¡Hola a todos y a todas y bienvenidos/as de nuevo a mi blog!

Hace tanto que no publico nada en el blog... Pero las buenas noticias son que ya tengo un portátil nuevo y que ahora podré escribir tanto como me apetezca. De hecho, tengo tantas publicaciones pendientes que no creo que pueda publicarlas todas antes de las vacaciones de verano.

Otra razón por la que no he publicado nada por aquí en tanto tiempo es porque hace unas semanas fue mi cumpleaños y cumplí nada más y nada menos que ¡30 años! Y, como os podréis imaginar, lo he estado celebrando una y otra vez con personas diferentes.

Hoy me gustaría escribir algunas cosas sobre Kadiri, una ciudad que visité, juntamente con otras dos voluntarias, después de haber estado en Thimmammamarrimanu, el árbol más grande del mundo. Kadiri es una ciudad conocida por su templo, dedicado a Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy. El templo es muy grande y se divide en diferentes edificios. Además, recibe la visita de muchos devotos cada día.

Lo que más me gustó de Kadiri fueron sus calles. Me acuerdo que estaban llenas de tiendas y siempre había gente caminando en ellas. Como era una de mis primeas semanas en Anantapur, mis compañeras y yo compramos zapatos sin cierre y ropa india que nos sería muy útil en nuestra larga estancia en la India. Por supuesto, todo lo que compramos fue muy barato.

Si da la casualidad que estáis en Andhra Pradesh y visitáis Thimmammamarrimanu, no os olvidéis de pedirle al conductor que os lleve a Kadiri unas horas para visitar su templo, comer palak paneer y comprar zapatos y ropa que podréis usar en todas vuestra estancia en la India.

¡Os veo muuuuy pronto en mi próxima publicación, esta vez sobre Marruecos!












No comments:

Post a Comment